Wednesday, March 21, 2012

One fleecy quilt


My Son loving his new quilt.




I have had this fleece fabric forever. I think I bought it about 4 yrs ago, after having my son. Originally I had intended them to be swaddling blankets. But, as you can see that never happens. So way back in September, when my mom was visiting we thought of using this nice cuddly fabric to make a nice quilt for him now.  We cut the squares to 8 x 8, lay out a pattern on graph pattern and then it just sat in a box until a short time ago. I finally sewed the squares together, made a back and quilted the whole thing together. I decided to make this a quilt with out binding. I followed this wonderful tutorial. I think fleece is the perfect choice of fabric for this quilting technique. Well that is about all for now.

Jera MacKenzie


No comments:

Post a Comment