Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Yes, I am going to try to do W.i.P. Wenesdays

Grab a button:

Here I am ready to try and join in some linky partys. My first work in progress is probably a quilt everyone has all ready done. I just got the book Modern Log Cabin Quilting: 25 Simple Quilts and Patchwork Projects by Susan Beal, over Christmastime. I finally am feeling confident enough to tackle the Modern Cross Quilt, with a few modification. I have a ton of 2 1/2" WOF strips. I am too lazy to cut them down to 2" as it call for in the book. Instead, I decide to do a little math and a test square to make sure I got it all right. Sure enough, It worked out O.K. Here is the result.


Not too bad. The other modification I am making is that I am only going to make the quilt about lap sized, I figure about 60" X 74" I don't think I could handle anything larger. So now I only have about 27 more of these blocks to go.

My other work in progress is this:


I am thinking these will turn into a bunch of HST for a zig zag pillow or something. It's kind of on the back burner.

Well, that is all I have for now!

Jera MacKenzie 


No comments:

Post a Comment