Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Well, way back in May, I did this

I know it has been awhile since I have posted anything here. Here in Canada our school system goes until the the end of May. Then there is July 1 celebrations and living in Calgary, we have Stampede. Immediately, following Stampede we go on vacation.  So July ends up being a very busy month for me. I haven't been sewing a lot, But I have managed to get a bit done. I am hoping to be able to catch you all up over the next few post.

For now, back to May. I made quilts for my son's Pre-School teachers. Yes, He have two teachers.

So here is the first one. This quilt was made for Miss Anna. She is having a baby boy in August.


This pattern is the Baby Lattic Quilt By Amy Smart from the Moda Bake Shop. I used the fabric collection named Reunion by designer Sweetwater for Moda Fabrics. The back round fabric is Moda Bella Broadcloth in Gray.


Nothing fancy for the backing just got some yardage of the Banner in Gray and is bound with Dots in Lime. The finished size is 37" X 45".


Then of course I hade to make one of Jeni's Lined Drawstring Bags to put it in.


This is Miss Anna with my son and her beautiful new quilt. She loves it and I know her baby will too. 

Tomorrow, Hopefully, Teacher number two Miss Jennifer.

Jera MacKenzie



No comments:

Post a Comment